This post is going to give you more insight into ME! I was nominated by Ludavia Harvey at Nifty Betty for the Liebster Award (a blogger to blogger award)! I am SUPER excited and honored that she chose to acknowledge my little tiny piece of the internet here at Bold Pearls, THANK YOU LUDAVIA!!
Ludavia gave me 11 questions to answer (listed below) about myself. I also have to share 11 random/fun facts about (you guessed it) ME, YIKES! And below are bloggers that I’ve nominated for the Liebster Award, so make sure to check out their sites (linked below)! I’ve posted the official rules (for any nominees) at the bottom of this post :).
Read on to learn more about me. If you feel a connection, please subscribe and like Bold Pearls on Facebook to join in on more conversation!
Ludavia Harvey’s Questions for Me:
1. If you were stranded on an island, what 3 items/things would you need to have with you to be okay with that situation?
- Honeymoon Photo Album
- Fire Starter
2. What have you always wanted to try (food, sport, adventure, etc.) that you haven’t got around to trying? Now, that you listed it, go try it
Owning my own motorcycle. Something about driving a motorcycle has been very enticing to me the last several years. I’ve been looking at the them at dealerships and I build them on the Harley Davidson website. I just want to drive on open roads with the wind rushing around me. I love driving anyway, and going for rides is something Adam and I do for fun. I just believe it would be even more fun to take rides on our bikes. I guess first, I need to learn how to drive a motorcycle :)!
3. What is your all-time favorite quote that motivates you everyday?
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Phillipians 4:13. This verse really sums up how I make it through each day. I recite it to myself constantly. It’s a heavily “popularized” verse used on mugs, pens, shirts, graphics, etc. but it doesn’t have less meaning because of it. It is truth, just like the rest of God’s word. I can do all things I am faced with through the strength Christ has placed in me.
4. What is the one thing you do that makes you the most happy?
On a simplified level, exercise. I’ve always been an avid runner and working out keeps me balanced emotionally and physically.
5. What is a special talent you have that no one really knows about?
Picking out paint colors!
6. What made you passionate about the topics you write about on your blog?
Mission work, and my love for talking/helping people. I believe God intended for me to connect with people on a personal level to help navigate through their feelings, life circumstances, and showing His love to them. I have a heart for listening and it intrigues me to understand people. I feel passionate about pointing out to people that we are all the same, not one group of people are superior to another. A large part of connecting with others is realizing that no one/country/culture is superior to the rest and God intends for those that are in better position to help those in need. I’m a normal person who believes in an incomprehensible God and I cannot imagine not sharing Him with others!
7. If you had a super power, what would it be and what would you use it for?
Flying, to travel endlessly for mission work and pleasure.
8. Who is your role model that inspires you to work to achieve your goals?
My mother, she is my best friend (apart from Adam) and has always followed her dreams. She is entrepreneurial and has never let anything stop her from trying new ventures. She is super smart, funny, and a great listener. Anytime I have an idea, she is my sounding board and offers total encouragement, advice, and help to make it happen. I’m very blessed to have her.
9. What is a meal/snack/dessert concoction that you crave that other people might find strange?
The chocolate chips out of baked chocolate chip cookies, and no, just having plain chocolate chips is not going to cut it, they have to be from the cookie, which I pull off and don’t eat…haha (that’s a strange one) !
10. What is your favorite thing to go do on your free time?
Eat dinner at a nice local place with a nice glass of wine (which has been replaced with water these days).
11. What is your favorite time of the day and why?
The morning because I exercise in the morning and spend devotional time with the Lord before I get started with the day. And breakfast food doesn’t hurt either!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I was a cheerleader thru middle and most of high school.
2. I started writing a chapter book when I was in the 3rd grade on our first family computer. It was a mystery fiction novel about a murder investigation that was initiated by a young girl who saw something scary while walking her dog in her neighborhood…hmmm…wonder what would’ve happened if I had finished it!
3. I love connecting with people and giving advice (should’ve been a counselor). I love understanding thought processes and why people choose what they choose.
4. I’m a constant dreamer and learner. I love to learn, and have been contemplating going back to school for a “fun degree”.
5. Dancing is one of my FAVORITE things to do and it’s my go to when I’m stressed, overwhelmed, or feeling flirty with my husband. I don’t mean formal dancing. It’s more like I turn on my favorite music, crank it all the way up, and just move however the beat entices me. For example, I’m in my third trimester and did “The Wobble” at a wedding we attended recently. Dancing is THE BEST!
6. I’m a creature of habit, and I literally eat pretty much the same things every day, which includes an apple a day. Hey, I like what I like!
7. I have a dream of opening a home interiors store. I LOVE HOME DESIGN!!! It’s totally my thing. I should also mention that I am a licensed real estate broker (and yes I actively work as a broker), so this is a great gig because I get to go into homes for a living and be inspired by new ideas constantly.
8. I hope/plan to live abroad for a time period in my life….praying for the opportunity to live in Europe and hopefully it will be connected to mission work (my ultimate life passion).
9. I HATE “real jeans”! I don’t think I will ever wear real denim again (there’s just no way I am going back to those stiff waist bands and having to lay down to pull the zipper up). My curves LOVE leggings/jeggings too much!
10. I’m learning French through a self-paced course…praying I can GET THROUGH IT!!! I have to accomplish this goal, as fluently speaking a second language is a MUST on my “Life Bucket List”.
11. Becoming a mom has been the scariest/most wonderfulest journey I’ve ever been on…..thank you Lord!
Now for my nominees…..
Nikol Murphy at NikolMurphy.com where she blogs about her life as a Christian mother and wife. Her writing is anecdotal and give great insight of how God is grafted into all areas of life, the big and the small. You’ll love her perspective, check out her site!
Mindy Love at Sweet Tea and Pasta where she blogs about food, gardening, and travel. Her posts are interesting and she gives great detail with great pictures of the places she visits. Check out Mindy’s blog for food ideas, reviews, and ideas!
Alison at Life of Scoop where she blogs about being follower of Christ and how to navigate through life. With education in counseling, Alison offers great insight on how to handle different challenges and circumstances we all face. She even offers devotionals and exercises to help manage different topics you may be facing. She gives great encouragement and can offer you Biblical – based insight. Check her out!
11 Questions for my Nominees:
- Why did you begin your blog?
- What is your favorite book/magazine/newsletter you read?
- If you had one day left on Earth, where would you go? Why?
- What is the weirdest food you actually like?
- If you could have any job you wanted, what would you do?
- What topics do you love writing about most?
- What is one item on your “bucket list” you feel you have to accomplish?
- What do you do to relieve stress?
- Who is your favorite singer/band?
- What is a perfect evening to you?
- Who has made the biggest impact in your life?
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Tell us 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note: ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of 11 questions for your nominations to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here). Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)