I thought sharing these tips would be helpful for those who want to make a change in how you feel physically, but may not know where to start.
I am not a physician, so always consult your doctor before starting a new routine!
5 Tips for a healthy body:
- Drink half your weight in ounces of water PER DAY! Work up to a whole gallon. It takes work and a lot of pee breaks 😉 but it’s SO WORTH IT! Your mind and body will be able to work much more fluidly < pun intended! Skin, muscles, brain signals, and much more can be attributed to good water intake.
- Move daily. You need to move for 20 consecutive minutes at least once a day. There is no person too busy to move for 20 minutes out of !,440 each day! Even if you have to walk in place. do it! Studies have shown that sitting for prolonged periods during your day is as bad for your health as smoking!
- Quiet time each day. Mental health is super important as part of a your healthy body. Taking time to get quiet to pray, read, or reflect will do wonders for you mentally and help deal with the overwhelm of stress. The action of smiling alone can increase the release of endorphins, which will scientifically make you feel better. So even if you decided to sit a smile for a bit, do it > it really is good “medicine”!
- Eat lots of veggies! Vegetables are so full of the minerals and vitamins your body needs to trigger and fire for optimal function. Your diet should contain LOTS AND LOTS of vegetables. If your diet contains vegetables and fruits regularly, you have a decreased risk for chronic diseases (i.e. heart disease, high cholesterol,etc.), plus they are way better for your waistline than crumby processed junk food! Your body will also have the right amount of fiber and such to keep your gut moving and therefore, much healthier! Our gut is known as the “second brain” of our body because so much of what triggers reactions in our brain, starts in the gut. Keep your gut healthy, and you will be a much healthier person overall. (P..S. This is also why taking a probiotic is CRITICAL!)
- GO ORGANIC! Speaking of veggies, switching to a chemical free organic lifestyle is a COMPLETE GAME CHANGER! Kicking out ingredients like parabens, phthalates, fragrances, preservatives, artificial flavors, food dyes, and other crazy words you can’t pronounce is a good place to start. It sounds like a big undertaking, but it’s NOT! Read here how to make the switch easily! Why should you care? Well, in a nutshell, many of the processed, synthetic ingredients in the majority of products used daily are directly linked to hideous things like cancer, neurological disorders, autoimmune disorders, hormone imbalances, infertility, and depression just to name a few….uhhhhh, NO THANKS! When we are vigilant about living healthier, we have to take into our hands what we purchase and bring home. There are VERY VERY FEW regulations that really protect our health. The personal care industry is very far behind in the United States, and we have to check for ourselves what is safe. Personal care products, and home products are HUGE factors in our exposure to terrible body disrupting ingredients (think makeup, lotions, shampoo/conditioner, candles, cleaners, etc.). I promise, if you make the switch to clean living, you will be ASTOUNDED at the change in your overall well-being. Use resources like www.ewg.org/skindeep to find products that are safe. Transfer Buying is the simplest way to start making the transition. As products run out, replace with something better. YOU CAN DO THIS! This is probably the MOST important tip.
How to Keep This 5 Going
Make them NON-NEGOTIABLES! If you need to change a habit or start a new one, it’s imperative you know WHY >> this makes the motivation factor much stronger. Your why for these 5 things is to make you physically and mentally BETTER!
Come’on! 5 things is not that many to incorporate into each day. Commit to doing things a little differently so that you can feel MUCH differently. When I stink to these 5 things, I am a better, healthier version of myself. These are not things that I compromise on because I know that they matter and make that much of a change in how I feel.
Assess what you do daily. Did you know that over 85% of our days are complete repeat of the day before?! Isn’t that a crazy statistic?! I mean, it makes it apparent as to why we find ourselves always back at square one or never making progress. We have to put the ACTION BEHIND THE REASON!
If you decide to feel different, you have to BE DIFFERENT! I’m here to tell you that you CAN DO IT! You can have a healthy body, you can make a change, and you can notice a huge improvement on how you live day to day!
I hope these tips and words are helpful to jumpstarting a different way for you. A different way, that’s BETTER! You can do this! You can have a healthy body!
I also LOVE to incorporate essential oils and other supplements into my routine and the kids’ >>> read all about that over here!