In this episode of The Thought Vault you are going to hear from Christian author, Elizabeth Laing Thompson. We discuss her newest book, All The Feels. Emotional Health is an imperative topic for overall wellness because the results in our lives stem from our reaction to our thoughts and emotions.
Therefore, what we think and feel are true dictators to our life perspective and the trajectory of what we are doing. This interview is FIRE, you’re going to have GREAT insight and takeaways from it.
Highlights of the conversation:
- You describe three different kinds of feelers: big feelers, steady feelers, and reluctant feelers. Can you briefly explain these feeling types? What are their strengths and weaknesses?
- Are we allowed to express our real feelings to God in prayer—even when they aren’t “righteous”?
- One thing I love talking about is our ability, God-given, to radically change how we live because of the power of Christ and him dwelling within us and the power of our mindset. I know you speak to this in the book about focusing our thoughts, can you speak on that?
- You write about trying to build a “happy house”—a home with a positive and open atmosphere where people are comfortable expressing their feelings in healthy ways. What are your best tips on how to create that kind of environment at home?
- In the book, you talk in chapter 4 about the need for us ( I’m paraphrasing) to recognize how to sit with emotions, process, and then tell them to leave. Can you speak to that, and share How the Bible can help us with painful feelings like anxiety, depression, and grief?
- Many people, especially big feelers, struggle with borrowing other people’s burdens. What are some practical ways to develop emotional boundaries? What piece of advice would you give to someone at the very beginning of that journey?
- How can a better understanding of our emotions help us to have a more meaningful prayer life? Have richer relationships? Become the people God designed us to be?
The message of Elizabeth’s book, All the Feels, is very dear to me because I believe in the power of knowing ourselves more, and when it comes to thoughts and feelings, we need to have a deeper understanding of how they intertwine so that we can deepen our relationship with Christ, others, and ourselves.
Grab Elizabeth’s book here
Follow Elizabeth over on Instagram
I created a resource for you all called the Quick Start Guide for Living a Better, Bolder Life you can find it by going to boldpearls.com/resources or click here.
This guide is a step by step guide for helping you improve your life physically, mentally, and spiritually. As a certified coach, I’ve condensed my personal tools into this guide for you! I give away my tricks and tools for coaching myself through life, check it out!
If you want more “training” and a community to enjoy, head over to our private Facebook group, Bold Insiders! Click here to join us!
Until next time “ Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind” Romans 12:2 Go live with Bold intention, bye for now!